Resolutions, LLC provides the full range of ADR services - convening, scheduling, administration, management, hearings, neutral facilitation and evaluation, and post-settlement follow-up - from its specially designed headquarters and conference facilities in the heart of Boston.
Some examples of disputes in which Resolutions, LLC has played a primary neutral role in achieving settlement include:
- United States v. Microsoft, the federal and state antitrust cases against Microsoft Corporation.
- Mediation of design and construction disputes related to National Football League and Major League Baseball stadiums in Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Boston, and Pittsburgh and baseball/hockey arenas and college football stadiums.
- Securities class actions and derivative cases involving dozens of Fortune 500 companies.
- Mediated allocation of RIFS and remediation costs in CERCLA enforcement and private cost-recovery actions.
- Patent infringement, invalidity, and licensing disputes involving high-tech, software, and biological subject matter.
- Pension, employment, and ERISA disputes such as cases involving the adoption of cash-balance plans; executive buy-out and severance cases; and ERISA class action cases.
- Settlement of multiple multi-party and class action cases involving alleged exposure to toxic products and environmental releases or other mass torts i.e., PCB, PPA, PFC's, manufacturing fumes and chemicals, mercury, TCE, asbestos.
- Insurance coverage and reinsurance treaty disputes involving property and casualty, business interruption, officers and directors, fidelity, EIL, and other types of insurance coverage, including cases arising out of the 9/11 attacks and losses.
- Mediation of cases alleging price-fixing, market allocation, and horizontal restraints of trade, including several pharmaceutical cases involving agreements related to the Hatch/Waxman Act, and the largest settlement in antitrust history, the merchants class-action against the credit card companies, Walmart v. Visa and MasterCard, and the ensuing opt-out cases.
- Mediation and arbitration of many cases involving the design, construction, operation, or failure of power plants, transmission facilities, industrial plants, bridges and tunnels, schools, office, museums, highways.
- International disputes involving transnational corporations and joint ventures, or foreign-countries or agencies.
- Legal, medical, accounting, and architectural/engineering professional negligence cases.
- Mediation of disputes between celebrity athletes and entertainers and their agents or business relations.
- Appointments of courts to serve as Guardian Ad Litem, Special Master, or Legal Representative for in complex class-action and bankruptcy cases, such as the Halliburton (Dresser Industries) pre-packaged bankruptcy, Federal Mogul bankruptcy, Babcock & Wilcox bankruptcy, Met-Coil bankruptcy, and Fibreboard class action.